Back to Results /
Modify Search /
Real Estate Accounting Manager
The Manager is responsible for closing the general ledger for large Class A office buildings and all ancillary accounting related to these assets. Work closely with property management to ensure the accuracy of the general ledger accounts associated with tenant Operating Property Expense "OPEX" reimbursement billings in accordance with lease terms. General accounting duties include balance sheet and income statement account reconciliation and analysis of actual and budget/forecast variances, as well as timely financial reporting and analysis. The position will also oversee and review the accounting and reporting of properties managed by joint venture partners.
- Take ownership of the operational financial results for each property assigned through close coordination and interaction with property/asset management and other groups within the company
- Preparation and analysis of monthly/quarterly property financial statements and variance analysis
- Prepare journal entries
- Prepare detailed support schedules for balance sheet and operating statement reconciliations and analyze the activity to ensure accuracy
- Analysis of accounts receivable and potential bad debt write-offs
- Coordinate with asset and property management on various investment activities such as by not limited to: refinancing, disposition and banking/treasury.
- Provide audit function to assigned lease administrator by reviewing lease abstract information ensuring accuracy of critical dates, rental escalations, tenant recoveries and percentage rent billings
- Monthly bank reconciliations and monitor monthly property cash flows and forecasts
- Review payable batches before they are submitted to AP department for processing
- Maintain tenant recovery setup in MRI by reviewing lease administration lease input information
- Review/prepare annual tenant recovery escalation reconciliations;
- Participate in the annual budget process
- Assist with annual audits, reviews and tax preparation with outside accounting firms
- Bachelor's degree in accounting
- 5+ years of commercial property accounting experience
- MRI/AVID experience desirable
- Detail-oriented, accurate, and ability to meet deadlines
Find Us on Facebook!
Follow Us on Twitter!
Beacon Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Founded by industry leaders to set a new standard in search, career placement and flexible staffing, we deliver coordinated staffing solutions with unparalleled service, a commitment to project completion and success and a passion for innovation, creativity and continuous improvement.
Our niche brands provide direct hire, executive search, temporary staffing, contract consulting and temp/contract-to-hire solutions to emerging growth companies and the Fortune 500 across market sectors, career specialties/disciplines and industries. Over time, office locations, specialty practice areas and service offerings will be added to address ever changing constituent needs.
Learn more about Beacon Hill Staffing Group and our specialty divisions, Beacon Hill Associates, Beacon Hill Financial, Beacon Hill HR, Beacon Hill Legal, Beacon Hill Pharma and Beacon Hill Technologies by visiting www.beaconhillstaffing.com.
We look forward to working with you.
Beacon Hill. Employing the Future (TM)
Email this job
Back to Results /
Modify Search /