Back to Results /
Modify Search /
The Staff Clinical Programmer will create and maintain accurate documentation of clinical database structures, conventions, edit specifications, software user instructions and other activities during the life of a clinical study, to ensure regulatory compliance and data quality.
- Design, develop, test, validate and maintain computer systems used for clinical studies (databases) according to the department SOPs.
- Independently leads system development projects from start to completion. Works effectively with cross functional teams and leads cross functional meetings.
- Represent the group in team meetings within Clinical and/or I.T. groups across business units; provide expert advice to Clinical teams regarding Clinical systems as needed.
- Work with project teams to provide support for database activities, such as data exporting, data queries and new global report generation.
- Work as a liaison between clinical database users and the I.T. groups to provide solutions to technical problems in the clinical trial system.
- Manage vendors to ensure optimal service support, timely resolution of issues, and cost effective pricing of solutions.
- Mentors and leads internal team members and solves technical problems.
- Participate in data discrepancy resolution and study protocol/CRF review.
- Prepare and provide cross-functional training on clinical software applications, database fundamentals, and related topics as needed.
- Other duties assigned by Leadership
- Requires working knowledge of CDMS and/or EDC systems (Medidata Rave preferred), and clinical systems, tools and processes. Knowledge of SAS or MS Access is a plus including any report writer packages or any Business Intelligence services.
- Demonstrated knowledge of clinical research processes, clinical data processing practices, relational database fundamentals, and computer programming a must.
- Good organizational skills and ability to adapt to changing priorities a must. Ability to work independently and in a team environment on assigned projects within department and/or with other departments required.
- Excellent problem solving skills, a proactive approach, and a willingness to make decisions on a regular basis and communicate these clearly required. Requires excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in computer science,
- 8 years' experience database design experience within a clinical research or clinical data management environment.
Experience with software installation, system upgrade/integration/validation and process documentation desired.
Beacon Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Find Us on Facebook!
Follow Us on Twitter!
Founded by industry leaders to set a new standard in search, career placement and flexible staffing, we deliver coordinated staffing solutions with unparalleled service, a commitment to project completion and success and a passion for innovation, creativity and continuous improvement.
Our niche brands provide direct hire, executive search, temporary staffing, contract consulting and temp/contract-to-hire solutions to emerging growth companies and the Fortune 500 across market sectors, career specialties/disciplines and industries. Over time, office locations, specialty practice areas and service offerings will be added to address ever changing constituent needs.
Learn more about Beacon Hill Staffing Group and our specialty divisions, Beacon Hill Associates, Beacon Hill Financial, Beacon Hill HR, Beacon Hill Legal, Beacon Hill Pharma and Beacon Hill Technologies by visiting www.beaconhillstaffing.com.
We look forward to working with you!
Beacon Hill. Employing the Future™
Email this job
Back to Results /
Modify Search /