Back to Results /
Modify Search /
Senior Associate Scientist/Engineer, Process Development (Downs
Our client is a clinical-stage gene therapy company focused on developing life-changing treatments for severe neurological diseases. Our client is committed to advancing the field of AAV gene therapy through innovation and investment in vector engineering and optimization, manufacturing and dosing and delivery techniques. This company's pipeline focuses on severe neurological diseases in need of effective new therapies, including Parkinson's disease, a monogenic form of ALS called SOD1, Huntington's disease, Friedreich's ataxia, neurodegenerative diseases related to defective or excess aggregation of tau protein in the brain including Alzheimer's disease and other tauopathies, neurodegenerative diseases related to defective or excess aggregation of alpha-synuclein protein in the brain including Parkinson's disease and other synucleinopathies, and severe, chronic pain.
Our client is developing recombinant adeno-associated virus (rAAV) vectors for treating neurological diseases. Developing robust and reliable vector production processes is central for establishing successful gene therapy applications. We are seeking a highly motivated Sr. Research Associate / Research Associate to join the Process Development group with a focus on downstream purification. The qualified candidate will carry out process development activities for the manufacture of pre-clinical and cGMP grade rAAV products. In addition, the candidate will also participate in internal production activities, writing appropriate documents, assisting with technology transfer activities, and participating in cGMP manufacture person in plant activities. The ability to independently organize and design experiments, analyze data and report the results of their work in a concise and well documented manner are important aspects of the position.
- Perform benchtop and preparative separations of rAAV particles from an insect cell line using various filtration, tangential flow filtration (TFF), centrifugation, and chromatographic techniques
- Develop protocols for viral capsids using column chromatography / AKTA protein purification systems
- Complete concentration and diafiltration operations using hollow fiber and flat sheet TFF systems
- Carryout Pmax and Vmax studies for depth and sterile filtration development
- Prepare reagents and solutions required for production protocols
- Maintain and update various databases and electronic notebook entries, as needed
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in chemical engineering, biology, biochemistry, chemistry, biotechnology, and related fields
- Minimum B.S. degree with 3+ years of relevant industrial experience or a M.S. degree in relevant subject matter (e.g. chromatography/filtration of biologics)
- Previous experience working with protein biologics or vaccines is a must, prior experience working with AAV and/or in a process development group is desired
- Experience with virus purification or protein purification, including the use of AKTA systems, TFF systems, and cell filtration devices
- Strong desire to learn multiple new techniques and willingness to provide support to more senior research personnel as required
- Significant attention to detail and accuracy in developing and following protocols
- Ability to be highly productive in a fluid, fast-paced and teamwork environment
Beacon Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Find Us on Facebook!
Follow Us on Twitter!
Founded by industry leaders to set a new standard in search, career placement and flexible staffing, we deliver coordinated staffing solutions with unparalleled service, a commitment to project completion and success and a passion for innovation, creativity and continuous improvement.
Our niche brands provide direct hire, executive search, temporary staffing, contract consulting and temp/contract-to-hire solutions to emerging growth companies and the Fortune 500 across market sectors, career specialties/disciplines and industries. Over time, office locations, specialty practice areas and service offerings will be added to address ever changing constituent needs.
Learn more about Beacon Hill Staffing Group and our specialty divisions, Beacon Hill Associates, Beacon Hill Financial, Beacon Hill HR, Beacon Hill Legal, Beacon Hill Pharma and Beacon Hill Technologies by visiting www.beaconhillstaffing.com.
We look forward to working with you!
Beacon Hill. Employing the Future™
Email this job
Back to Results /
Modify Search /