Back to Results /
Modify Search /
Senior Contracts Specialist (REMOTE)
A pharmaceutical company is in need of a Senior Contracts Specialist for an assignment to last about 1 year, with possibility to extend, or become permament. The pay rate is $45-$51/hour
Interested candidates must have a strong contracts background in the R&D (Research & Development) space within the pharmaceutical industry, or related industries (healthcare, hospital, medical devices, etc.). Candidates must have experience reviewing, negotiating and dreafting a wide variety of contracts.
Will consider JD candidates who work in the contracts area that are not looking to practice.
Responsible for providing practical, timely and high-quality contract management services for a full scope of contractual needs of the company, which specifically includes legal support and administration covering a broad spectrum of support to R&D, Regulatory, Compliance, Quality, Pharmacovigilance, Business Development, and Medical Affairs and Medical Information. Partners and consults with business management and owners on proactive contract management approaches including reviewing, negotiating and drafting a variety of contracts with a keen awareness of corporate requirements, while facilitating achievement of business goals and managing legal concerns, policies and risks in accordance with applicable laws, rules and regulations.
Principal Responsibilities and Duties
- Provides legal administration services for an array of complex issues, as well as the contract intake and management process, with minimal supervision;
- Reviews, negotiates and drafts a broad range of agreements including but not limited to Confidentiality Agreements, Statements of Works (SOWs), Master Services Agreements, Material Transfer Agreements, and Clinical Trial Agreements for substantially all business functions with a focus on R&D;
- Works extensively and collaboratively with Alexion international colleagues with respect to contract alignment, local regulatory, compliance and disclosure requirements;
- Identifies training needs and assists in the development and presentation of training on relevant contract forms/procedures and legal business practices, policies or issues; Coordinates the contract terms/conditions review and negotiation process with other members of Legal Department, external and internal stakeholders (e.g., Clinical Operations, Compliance Quality, PV, Regulatory and Global Procurement) to ensure agreements are drafted, reviewed, updated and fit for purpose while serving as the central point of contact through execution;
- Serves as the primary point of contact for business managers and owners with respect to contracting and agreements;
- Leads contracting, process and procedural change projects impacting the Legal Department;
- Provides legal and operational support to the Grants and Sponsorships process, Global Access to Medicine, and Investigator Sponsored Research (ISR) review committee for matters assigned;
- Ability to support many business groups and strong understanding of agreements required for Alexion's main business units, including HCP engagement;
- May serve as legal department representative on Company projects requiring contract or operation support;
- Update and maintain contract tracking system and tools as well as HCP engagement databases.
- May provide guidance, support or instruction to other Contract Specialists;
- May provide temporary contract support for non-assigned business groups as needed;
- May manage support staff and temporary staff, as required, consistently with legal budget and project parameters; and
- Performs special projects as assigned.
Must develop a thorough understanding of, and familiarity with, the company's business, policies, products, people, customers and facilities, to apply that knowledge in support of business management and contract owners. Must be able to establish and sustain a good rapport and working relationship with management and personnel at all levels.
- 7 to 10 years' relevant contract negotiation/drafting experience
- Experience in a biotechnology/pharmaceutical, law firm or corporate setting preferred
- Strong drafting, negotiation and communication skills required
- Ability to deliver and produce high-quality work under deadline pressure required
- Limited travel required (less than 5%)
- Demonstrable organizational and teamwork skills required
Knowledge & Experience
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Strong organizational ability
- Upbeat, high energy personality
- Demonstrable computer skills
- Strong work ethic
Find Us on Facebook!
Follow BeaconHillLegal on Twitter!
Beacon Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Founded by industry leaders to set a new standard in search, career placement and flexible staffing, we deliver coordinated staffing solutions with unparalleled service, a commitment to project completion and success and a passion for innovation, creativity and continuous improvement.
Our niche brands provide direct hire, executive search, temporary staffing, contract consulting and temp/contract-to-hire solutions to emerging growth companies and the Fortune 500 across market sectors, career specialties/disciplines and industries. Over time, office locations, specialty practice areas and service offerings will be added to address ever changing constituent needs.
Learn more about Beacon Hill Staffing Group and our specialty divisions, Beacon Hill Associates, Beacon Hill Financial, Beacon Hill HR, Beacon Hill Legal, Beacon Hill Pharma and Beacon Hill Technologies by visiting www.beaconhillstaffing.com.
We look forward to working with you.
Beacon Hill. Employing the Future (TM)
Email this job
Back to Results /
Modify Search /