Back to Results /
Modify Search /
(Sr) Associate Scientist Analytical Development Gene Therapy
Our client is building a robust, dynamic, and diverse network of manufacturing capabilities and collaborations - investing in innovation every step of the way. We are looking for a highly motivated (Senior) Associate Scientist to contribute to the Gene Therapy Analytical Development group based out of Waltham (MA). The qualified candidate will
- Help establish client as a leader in gene therapy analytical science through the application of processes, procedures and technologies in the development of best-in-class testing strategies
- Collaborate with other internal analytical groups to develop best practices and to further enhance a center of analytical excellence.
Title commensurate with relevant experience, depending on candidate background this role will focus on cell and molecular analytical development. Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Work independently or under supervision of a senior scientist to initiate and execute the development and optimization of Analytical Assays to support the gene therapy franchise
- Independently conduct assays for both qualitative and quantitative analysis of proteins using a variety of molecular cell biology/biochemistry or biophysical techniques
- Analyze data and record results into ELN/LIMS in a timely manner and write technical reports summarizing data
- Formulation and testing of buffers and materials needed for routine assays
- Perform bioassays for determining product potency (vector transgene expression)
- Aseptic maintenance of cell cultures
- Assist in authoring SOPs, reports and other technical documents
- Bachelors / Masters in analytical chemistry, biochemistry or molecular/cellular Biology or related field
- Minimum 1+ (MS) or 3+ years (BS) of relevant analytical development experience in biopharma industry
- Demonstrated ability to follow protocols and SOP
- Hands-on experience or exposure to (some of these) molecular cell biology and/or biophysical characterization techniques:
- Molecular cell biology and biochemistry-based methods such as quantitative (RT-)qPCR, digital PCR (ddPCR or dPCR), next-generation sequencing (NGS), mammalian cell culture and cell-based potency assay development, ELISA, HTRF, plate based enzymatic assays
- Experience in working in an analytical development / process analytics setting
- Familiar with strict adherence to established SOP's
- Strong desire to learn multiple techniques and willingness to provide support as required
- Significant attention to detail and accuracy in following protocols
- Demonstrated ability to be highly productive in a fluid, fast-paced and teamwork environment
- Experience in developing methods and performing the analysis of AAV or similar viral vectors
- Experience in CMC-Development or GMP/QC setting
- Knowledge and interest in laboratory and equipment automation
Beacon Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Founded by industry leaders to set a new standard in search, career placement and flexible staffing, we deliver coordinated staffing solutions with unparalleled service, a commitment to project completion and success and a passion for innovation, creativity and continuous improvement.
Our niche brands offer a complete suite of staffing services to emerging growth companies and the Fortune 500 across market sectors, career specialties/disciplines and industries. Over time, office locations, specialty practice areas and service offerings will be added to address ever changing constituent needs.
Learn more about Beacon Hill Staffing Group and our specialty divisions, Beacon Hill Associates, Beacon Hill Financial, Beacon Hill HR, Beacon Hill Legal, Beacon Hill Life Sciences and Beacon Hill Technologies by visiting www.beaconhillstaffing.com.
We look forward to working with you!
Beacon Hill. Employing the Future™
Email this job
Back to Results /
Modify Search /