June 2nd, 2016
For the second year in a row, Beacon Hill Legal partnered with the law firm of Thompson & Knight, LLP and the Dallas-Fort Worth chapter of the Association of Corporate Counsel in conjunction with Street Law, Inc. to host an afternoon program for more than 40 top high school students from the TownView Center High School Judge Barefoot Sanders Law Magnet Program.
The afternoon program was held on May 13 at Thompson & Knight’s Dallas office and marked the culmination of ACC DFW’s Corporate Legal Diversity Pipeline Program for the spring semester, which is designed to promote diversity in the legal profession.
Students participated in interactive classroom workshops that built upon what they learned throughout the school year. Thompson & Knight Partner and Former United States Attorney for the Northern District of Texas, Richard Roper, served as keynote speaker. Mr. Roper shared his experiences in Criminal Employment and Criminal Real Estate litigation, which related to the students' area of study.Workshops followed and were led by ACC members, with assistance from Thompson & Knight attorneys along with Heather Box and Mike Linebarger from Beacon Hill Legal. The sessions engaged the students in exercises in Employment, Contracts, and Real Estate Law. Volunteers and ACC team leaders at the event included:
- Real Estate team leader and program coordinator: Scott A. Young, Managing Attorney at TGI Friday's Inc.
- Employment team leader: Derek Lipscombe, Managing Counsel at Toyota Motor North America, Inc.
- Contracts team leader: Jay Simmons, Senior Counsel at BMO Transportation Finance, Division of BMO Harris Bank N.A.
- Adelle Mize, Vice President and Associate General Counsel at Freeman
- Kimberly King, Senior Counsel at CHRISTUS Health
- Elizabeth Ramirez-Washka, Corporate Counsel at Dr. Pepper Snapple Group
- Todd Ammermann, Senior Counsel at BMO Transportation Finance, division of BMO Harris Bank N.A.
- Scott Tankersley, Senior Counsel at BMO Transportation Finance, division of BMO Harris Bank N.A.
- Cynthia Jon-Ubabuco, Assistant General Counsel at Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company
- Heather Box, Division Director at Beacon Hill Legal
- Mike Linebarger, Senior Staffing Consultant at Beacon Hill Legal
To learn more about Street Law and the program, visit www.streetlaw.org.
Beacon Hill Staffing Group’s niche brands provide direct hire, executive search, temporary staffing, contract consulting and temp/contract-to-hire solutions to emerging growth companies and the Fortune 500 across multiple market sectors and all industries. Over time, office locations, specialty practice areas and service offerings will be added to address ever changing constituent needs. To learn more about Beacon Hill Legal, visit the BH Legal home page.